Oswestry Radio Car Club is based at the Oswestry Showground which itself was once part of a military camp. For the Oople meeting you will race on our permanent club track which formed from artificial grass. We have a permanent covered rostrum, full floodlighting and spacious race control building.
The venue is ideal for those who want to camp over the weekend – there are hard service roads and plenty of grass. Caravans will be charged at £5 per night and tent camping is free. Please note we cannot provide electrical hook-up for the caravans, tents or your pitting area. Toilets will be open 24 hours a day and there is a drinking water tap. The toilets are all ground floor providing good disabled access. We will be providing hot food during Saturday and Sunday.
The track is located at the Oswestry Show Ground in Shropshire. Road links to the venue are superb: from the north, M6, M56 and A483 all dual carriageways, from the south M6, M54 and A5. The track is easy to find as it is ¼ mile from the A5. For Sat Nav users our post code is SY11 4AS. Please note that some devices will take you to the wrong side of the showground so please follow these instructions when you leave the A5:
- Leave the roundabout, Following the A495 signposted for Whittington
- Take the first left in front of the large BT building (Garrison Avenue)
- Follow the Garrison Avenue for 1/8 mile.
- Go through the gate in chain link fence on the left
- You will see the track straight ahead of you.
Use this link to view the track location on Google Maps
Please drive slowly while in the showground. Please do not drive on the grass.
The gates for camping/caravans will be open from 12:00 on the Friday. Please set up as directed by the stewards.
Jeff Stanton (Chairman)
Neil Oliver (BRCA rep)
Ashley Williams (Secretary)
Oswestry Radio Car Club
- There are many local amenities for racers, friends and family. The market town of Oswestry is 2 miles away with a Saturday market, many restaurants (Italian, Chinese, Indian and French), takeaways plus a night club, and leisure centre.
- Whittington, a mile in the other direction has pubs with food, a castle ruin and ducks on the moat.
- Park Hall working farm is 5 minutes walk from the track, with animals and quad bikes.
- Travelodge, A5/A483 Mile End Service Area, Morda, Oswestry, SY11 4JA
- Premier Inn, Maes Y Clawdd Maesbury Road Industrial, Maes-Y-Clawdd, Morda, Oswestry SY10 8NN